Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What's Up Wednesday-Personalized Plaque



When I asked my daughter what her Kindergarten teacher may like as an end of the year gift, she said "Quality Work!" Well, who could argue with that. I had to think about it for awhile but this is what we created. These plaques are so easy and are a great way to use up those scraps of precious paper and ribbon you just can't seem to throw away. Here's what I used:

  • 1 wood plaque (purchased at a dollar store)

  • scraps of paper to cover plaque and to cut out letters (I used my Cricut but you could also stamp them)

  • Mod Podge-a little goes a long way and it comes in matte or glossy finishes

  • scrap of ribbon to replace the twine the plaque came with


I just traced the plaque and attached the paper with Mod Podge between the paper and plaque. Be sure to let it completely dry. I then attached my letters with adhesive runner and coated everything with Mod Podge. After it was completely dry, I added a final coat. The Mod Podge helps to protect the paper, giving it a clear, hard finish that can easily be dusted. You can sign the back with a marker.



Next time you are in need of a personalized decoration or quick and easy gift, consider a personalized plaque. You can decorate it with names, sayings, scriptures, quotes, pictures, or images of a favorite object like horses or airplanes.

I'd love to see what you create. Please e-mail me picture of your creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment